Role and Background
Jonathan Bluey serves as the Assistant Professor of Practice for the Building Construction Department in the Myers-Lawson School of Construction. He joined Virginia Tech in 2022.
Jonathan’s teaching focuses on building performance and sustainability. Jonathan’s teaching explores improving building performance using sustainable practices. He aims to give students a better understanding of building systems and sustainable building practices.
Previously, Jonathan worked in the sustainable building industry in both the public and private sectors.
Jonathan holds a Bachelor of Science in Building Construction from Virginia Tech (’05). He is currently certified as an Association of Energy Engineer Certified Energy Manager.
He has held the following building performance certifications:
- Building Performance Institute Healthy Home Evaluator
- Building Performance Institute Energy Auditor
- Passive House Certified Consultant
- Building Performance Institute Quality Control Inspector
- AEE Certified Energy Manager
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification Type I & III
- USGBC LEED Green Associate
- Building Performance Institute Envelope Professional
- Building Performance Institute Heating Professional
- RESNET Home Energy Rater
- LiveRoof Certified Installer
- Building Performance Institute Building Analyst